(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Can someone identify the model of this delta faucet

Hybrid View

Default Can someone identify the model of this delta faucet

I was told it was a delta 1700 series but bought a new trim kit and guess what it doesn't fit. Since it was special order I'm out the cash so now I want to see if someone can tell me for sure what it is. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

It's a 1300 series, I believe.
    "The biggest regrets we have in life are the chances we never took."

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

It is a 1700 series but it's the old style Delta changed the style March 27/2006 , but i don't have a breakdown on the old style and for some reason thier web site only shows the parts for the new style.
    1300/1400 does not have the volume control.
    I will look on Monday when i can get at my catalogues, unless someone else has them.

Thank you. I'll hold out hope that I won't have a brand new bathroom with a 20 year old shower faucet as you see it's a 104 year old house and no access panel our options right now are tear out the brand new tile, tear out the dining room cabinets, or live with the old faucet.

It is a Monitor 1700 series. Parts and cartridges are readily available, just not at HD . Turn off the water, take all the parts, including the internal parts, with you to a big plumbing supply house.

Removing the cartrige retaining nut you have to be careful. If it is stuck and you just put a big wrench on it, you will cause FATAL DAMAGE to the valve body. Start soaking right now with white vinegar. Then after a day, start applying PB blaster and give that a day to work. Tap at it, even use a propane torch to heat it some. If these techniques do not work, come back for more advice. Just be careful not to twist that nut too hard!

Thanks to everyone that helped, went to a plumbing parts store today and got an old style cartridge that will fit the new 1700 series trim kits. Finally it all fit together.