Can someone identify the model of this delta faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

clmccain87

Reaction score
I was told it was a delta 1700 series but bought a new trim kit and guess what it doesn't fit. Since it was special order I'm out the cash so now I want to see if someone can tell me for sure what it is. Thanks.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't see any pictures? The Delta 1700 series has 2 handles, one for temperature and one for on/off/volume.

As of the middle of 2006, the cartridges are different, but the trims should fit a new or old one, I think.

Are you sure you bought a genuine Delta 1700 trim, or is this something bagged up and dumped on botany bay or whatever they call thay site? And are you sure your valve is a Delta 1700? Some pictures would help clear this up.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
jimbo said:
I don't see any pictures? The Delta 1700 series has 2 handles, one for temperature and one for on/off/volume.

As of the middle of 2006, the cartridges are different, but the trims should fit a new or old one, I think.

Came across that problem last year, that was a bad move on Delta's part.
Delta's shower valves aren't very popular here compared to elsewhere...we tend to sway to Symmons because they are easily maintained, parts easily available...moens are also popular for this reason.(though I think they're too flimsy)

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
jimbo said:

Are you sure you bought a genuine Delta 1700 trim, or is this something bagged up and dumped on botany bay or whatever they call thay site? And are you sure your valve is a Delta 1700? Some pictures would help clear this up.

Your right it did change, they changed the handles and in turn the cartridge changed as well.

It is a 1700 series but it's the old style Delta changed the style March 27/2006 , but i don't have a breakdown on the old style and for some reason thier web site only shows the parts for the new style.
1300/1400 does not have the volume control.
I will look on Monday when i can get at my catalogues, unless someone else has them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks