Hot water issues

Users who are viewing this thread

lefty

Reaction score
well if I have further issues with it I reckon I'll have to bite the bullet and call in a plumber. You can count on me letting you know what it ends up being. I know it is difficult to diagnose not seeing it with your own eyes and my terminology leaves a lot to be desired. I am having some pressure related problems in general and it could be related. The city has increased the water pressure by installing a larger main so that people up on the hill will have more pressure. I had a pressure regulator installed at my meter but I think it has gone bad.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Could be an obstruction in the pipe...
Hot flow to the shower moves the obstruction from the supply tee to the sink allowing the hot water to flow...
When the shower is off, the obstruction plugs the hot supply at the tee...

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
GrumpyPlumber said:
For fun we could wager..."gentlemens bets".
I'm betting on MarkTS, especially if there are old galvy pipes involved.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Verdeboy said:
I'm betting on MarkTS, especially if there are old galvy pipes involved.

With his track record, I'd be with ya, but I'm too stubborn to not bet on myself.
...Lets just hope he comes back with a lil' "closure" as Oprah would say.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks