Strange Problem With Well System

Users who are viewing this thread

swieduwi

Reaction score
I have a Well thats about 200 ft deep, it is about 35 years old.
the last few months I have been noticing air in the pipes when I turn the fausets or flush toilets in the morning or evening when the system has been sitting a while and I open the fauset and it spits Air and water for a bout 30 seconds. So I replaced the Check Valves at the Presure Tank and at the Pump in the well. The problem seemed to go away for about a week, now it's progressivly getting worse again. Any Ideas?
There is no dirt in the water, no extra green areas in the yard the pump does not run continuasly. Please help

Not sure what Model the Pump is but the Presure tank is a A.O. Smith AuquaAir V100

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Remove the check valve at the tank and you will notice that when the pump shuts off, the water will run back somewhere. It will usually be the droppipe in the well. Then you will probably end up pulling the pump and replacing the pipe.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks