Toto Ultramax question...

Users who are viewing this thread

HDFAN1

Reaction score
Upon closer inspection of my new Ultramax, there is, for lack of a better word, a seam running horizontally around the exterior of the tank, approx. three inches above the bowl. It is visible, as well as being able to feel it .

It's as if the tank were actually cast in two pieces, and then joined together at this point.

Terry, or someone who has seen a lot of these one piece toilets, is this normal, or is my luck (bad) holding true and I got that one in a million defect that slipped through?

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
toto_cst854_inside_tank.jpg

Inside a one-piece Toto toilet.
It's how they join them. A toilet comes from several pieces, and what you are seeing is one of the seams.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If it were American Standard, it would be a defect. I get most of my defects with American Standard and Kohler.
What he is talking about is pretty normal. I have the least amount of problems with Toto.
It's a seam where the two parts are joined, Period.

Dumpy,
Have you even seen a Toto?

Last edited:

HDFAN1

Reaction score
OK, I have not looked for this on the INSIDE of the tank. What I am talking about is visible/touchable from the OUTSIDE of the tank.

Is this normal?

HDFAN1

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, I appreciate the quick reply!

I can't wait to get this thing installed. Tile guy is coming 21st, so by the end of that week it will be a done deal.:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks