Can't Identify Shower Brand, Sol plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Quattroped

Reaction score
I am having great difficulty identifying the brand and model of shower fixtures in the attached photo. The mixing valve is non-functional and I need to replace it. Of the 2 handles showing, the top one controls the flow to the hand shower and the bottom one (which I taped in place for the photo) is for the mixing valve. There is a third handle that controls the flow to the wall mounted nozzles, but I had to crop the image to get the file size small enough to attach it. I can provide other images of the actual valve if needed.

I was originally told by a local supplier that the part I need is a Kohler part # 78913. Kohler sent me that part but it was too large. They look almost identical. Kohler has since told me that what I have is not a Kohler product. There is no brand indicated on any of the parts other than a logo on the plastic handle, but I can't find any reference to that logo on the web.

Any help you can provide in identifying my shower will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Shower Trim 4.jpg
    Shower Trim 4.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,938

Quattroped

Reaction score
Here's the logo

Here are a couple of photos of the handle with the logo on it.

I took a closer look at the rough-in behind the tiles and I saw the letters SOL in the casting. (Where have I seen that before? Duh, on the handles.) I have tried searching the web for SOL, but the only plumbing connection I see is a line of bathtubs. No fixtures.

I'm beginning to think I will have to replace this shower. Unfortunately I just bought the place and I'm seriously strapped for cash right now.

Help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Logo 1.jpg
    Logo 1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,729
  • Logo 2.jpg
    Logo 2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,593

Quattroped

Reaction score
Thank You Peanut9199

With your help I believe I have determined that the manufacturer is Lada, an Italian company. Now, if I can only find a source of parts ...

Thanks again.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
It's Italian made, from what peanut posted...I tried searching a dozen variations of Sol, Sol plumbing, Sol fixtures, Sol Italy...etc...nothing.
The prices on that site indicate they are trying to target the high end market, but that means nothing considering the Pegasis line at HD.
Sorry, but I'm starting to see a humorous irony in the acronym "sol".

Quattroped

Reaction score
I found it!

Thank you all for your help. I have found the part I need through a local retailer. He knew immediately what I needed and would have even replaced it under warranty if it had not been destroyed by the plumber I had asked to look at it. $125 dollars later I'm a happy boy. Thanks again.

Quattroped

Reaction score
I also have this issue trying find parts for my "Sol" fixtures. Can you share the dealer's name that helped you?

5 1/2 years later I'm back. It probably won't help but the retailer is:
Crown Bath & Kitchen
221 Woodlawn Rd W, Guelph, ON N1H 8P4
www.crownbath.ca
(519) 836-8846

tomcwng

Reaction score
5 1/2 years later I'm back. It probably won't help but the retailer is:
Crown Bath & Kitchen
221 Woodlawn Rd W, Guelph, ON N1H 8P4
www.crownbath.ca
(519) 836-8846

Thanks for posting 5 1/2 years later!!! I had the same problem, found your post and contacted Crown Bath & Kitchen. They had the thermostatic valve and mailed it to me!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks