(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Can't Identify Shower Brand

Default Can't Identify Shower Brand

I am having great difficulty identifying the brand and model of shower fixtures in the attached photo. The mixing valve is non-functional and I need to replace it. Of the 2 handles showing, the top one controls the flow to the hand shower and the bottom one (which I taped in place for the photo) is for the mixing valve. There is a third handle that controls the flow to the wall mounted nozzles, but I had to crop the image to get the file size small enough to attach it. I can provide other images of the actual valve if needed.

I was originally told by a local supplier that the part I need is a Kohler part # 78913. Kohler sent me that part but it was too large. They look almost identical. Kohler has since told me that what I have is not a Kohler product. There is no brand indicated on any of the parts other than a logo on the plastic handle, but I can't find any reference to that logo on the web.

Any help you can provide in identifying my shower will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default re:

What does the logo look like?

Default Here's the logo

Here are a couple of photos of the handle with the logo on it.

I took a closer look at the rough-in behind the tiles and I saw the letters SOL in the casting. (Where have I seen that before? Duh, on the handles.) I have tried searching the web for SOL, but the only plumbing connection I see is a line of bathtubs. No fixtures.

I'm beginning to think I will have to replace this shower. Unfortunately I just bought the place and I'm seriously strapped for cash right now.

Help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

I've never heard of them but i did find some listing sellin "Sol" but no manufactuers web site.
    http://universalceramictiles.com/sea...nd=&search=sol

Default Thank You Peanut9199

With your help I believe I have determined that the manufacturer is Lada, an Italian company. Now, if I can only find a source of parts ...

Thanks again.

Good luck with that/

It's Italian made, from what peanut posted...I tried searching a dozen variations of Sol, Sol plumbing, Sol fixtures, Sol Italy...etc...nothing.
    The prices on that site indicate they are trying to target the high end market, but that means nothing considering the Pegasis line at HD.
    Sorry, but I'm starting to see a humorous irony in the acronym "sol".
    "The biggest regrets we have in life are the chances we never took."

Default I found it!

Thank you all for your help. I have found the part I need through a local retailer. He knew immediately what I needed and would have even replaced it under warranty if it had not been destroyed by the plumber I had asked to look at it. $125 dollars later I'm a happy boy. Thanks again.

I have the exact same problem and was hoping you could share your solution. Thanks.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=S.O.L.

Lada which is an Italian brand.
    Good luck finding parts for it!
    You will need it!

Try Kohler part number 1021119. It is smaller than 78913.

Rick