1921 Myers piston pump

Users who are viewing this thread

HammerSlammer

Reaction score
Here is my lawn pump. This thing works great. I rebuilt the piston twice but both times I found out the piston was fine but i had bought the parts and it was all apart...
One time it turned out to be holes in the galvy draw pipe just below the normal water line and the other time it was a loose packing nut and packing leathers... I hear these pumps are still used in many municipal water systems...

My Colorado Springs water bill would be 3 to 4 hundred a month to keep my lawn and these shallow wells have to be grandfathered, (before 1973)...

I like my pump more than all my other toys.

Attachments

• 100_0001 (WinCE).JPG
    100_0001 (WinCE).JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 2,151
  • 100_0002 (WinCE).JPG
    100_0002 (WinCE).JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,504
  • 100_0003 (WinCE).JPG
    100_0003 (WinCE).JPG
    15 KB · Views: 1,689

Speedbump

Reaction score
They were quite a pump in their day. The only drawback with the small ones was the amount of water they would pump. Pressure was never a problem.

bob...

HammerSlammer

Reaction score
Mine is a 4" piston with a 5" stroke @ 55 rpm and of course the piston pushes water in both directions. . If the packing and the packing nut are set right I'm thinking it's about 20 to 30 gpm. It'll run some sprinkler heads. Enough to get a city inspector knocking on my door thinking that I'm messing with their system. :D

Speedbump

Reaction score
Wow, it doesn't look that big in the pics. What horsepower motor is on this pump?

If BobNH is watching this thread, he can tell you exactly how many gallons per minute this pump will do.

My Dad years had a Myers Bulldozer on his well rig. That's what was used to circulate water for drilling 2" wells. I forget if it was a two stage or just one, but it would move some water and it's pressure building capabilities were amazing. Plug something up and you had a blown hose every time.

bob...

HammerSlammer

Reaction score
Its 2 hp. The plate also reads 26 amps at 110 volts or 13 amps at 220v. Im wired at 220... Leather cups on the piston.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks