Toto Drake install guestions

Users who are viewing this thread

jlsl1081

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase a Toto Drake from a local plumbing supplier that just started carrying them, so he doesn't know too much about them. I have a couple guestions.

1. I installed a flange extender that brought the flange height up to about level with my recently installed lamanite flooring. So what thickness wax ring would you recommend? Will a normal size thickness work, or do I need to use an extra thick ring?

2. For the water supply line, what size is the end going into the ballcock (I think thats what it's called) on the bottom of the tank? I think most toilets I had before were 7/8". Is the Toto 7/8" also?

Thanks.
John

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the flange is flush with the floor, either use two wax rings, or a thicker one.

Toto uses American made fill valves and flappers.
A standard 7/8" on the fill valve side of the supply will work fine. :)

Installing the Toto Drake

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks