Well Seal down the Pipe!

Users who are viewing this thread

mrburnsie2u

Reaction score
Ok I turned a small problem into a huge problem. I have a 4 inch casing with a external deep well jet pump. My foot valve failed so I pulled the the well seal, the jet and foot valve. All went great except that I removed the well seal I completly removed 2 of the 4 bolts and part of the lower well seal fell down into the casing. The pipe pulled up eaisly about 35 ft is all and I replaced the foot valve. However, surprise when I tried to reinsert the piping I hit a dead end at about 25 ft. 10 feet too shallow. The foot valve is stopping under water so I can not see what exactly it is binding on, but I assume that part of the seal is wedged in the casing. I tried using about 30 foot of 3/4 inch pipe with an elbow and a nipple on the end to try push past the obstruction and try to hook onto the seal part(I assume thats what is binding) and pull it up, I couldn't get by it. Now I think that I have pushed what ever it is down farther and wedged it worse. I can't be the only idiot who has done this. And I can't believe that that half moon could wedge so firmly. Any advise would be great, sure would be a shame to have to drill a new well over this.

Also would it be ok to get a little more radical and try to drive the well seal (again assuming thats what it is) down farther to the bottom, say like by using some 2 inch pipe or something like that?

Plumber and Well Drillers are coming in am, I have never been whooped by any home project before, sure would be a shame to start now.

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Beating on it is probably what I would try first. Hooking it would be difficult if not impossible. If you can just get it below where the foot valve needs to go, your home free.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks