Basement Rough In

Users who are viewing this thread

Cruiser

Reaction score
Thanks to all those who've helped me over the last while with my questions. I went with ABS pipe for my basement bath rough in and now need some help as regards venting same. I've taken a photo of the drain layout to let you guys see whats what.

I'm glad to announce that I now have no leaks where I joined the ABS to the CI:) My Questions

1) There was an old 2" drain from the old sink into the 4" CI (where the ?#1 is),can I just plug this or does this new 4" section need to be vented, and if so is this 2" sufficient?

2) I can vent the bath/tub pretty easily into the main vent but the sink is on the opposite side of the room. I'm assuming I need to vent the sink also, but other than running a vent across the ceiling to the main vent stack do I have any other options? Read about AAV?

3) I've used a 2" wye to join the sink and tub lines but should i be using use a san t ?

Thanks for taking the time to look

Attachments

• bath.jpg
    bath.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
Wye when horizontal, so it's good. Never San T in the horizontal plane; only San T when a drain goes from horizontal into a vented stack (vertical).

Vent where the old #1 connection is. I can't see that connection in the picture, btw. Vent the sink, as you described, going across the ceiling and down. This makes a vented stack for the sink so its drain needs a San T to connect to this vertical pipe.

david

Cruiser

Reaction score
David,

Thanks for your answer,now I got something to keep me out of trouble for the weekend:))

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks