SumpPump Switch

Users who are viewing this thread

dgray

Reaction score
I have a Flotec submersible sumppump - sometimes the "little ball" inside the float doesn't move to cause the pump to turn on - the float moves freely but the "ball" inside it doesn't move. This doesn't happen often but sometimes you have to give the float a little nudge which causes the "ball" inside it to move - you can hear it click inside the float - only when you can hear the "ball" inside the float move will the pump to run.
Is there a simple remedy - other than purchase a new pump or use a piggyback switch?
Cheers

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
If the problem caused here is that the water level sometimes gets too high before the switch activates the pump, you should be able to adjust the length of the wire going to the switch so it will turn on just a little sooner.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
dgray said:
I have a Flotec submersible sumppump - sometimes the "little ball" inside the float doesn't move to cause the pump to turn on - the float moves freely but the "ball" inside it doesn't move. This doesn't happen often but sometimes you have to give the float a little nudge which causes the "ball" inside it to move - you can hear it click inside the float - only when you can hear the "ball" inside the float move will the pump to run.
Is there a simple remedy - other than purchase a new pump or use a piggyback switch?
Cheers

If your pit fills and the float is under water then your diagnosis and correction action are correct.

If you have a finished basement I would suggest you replace the flo tec with a Zoeller pump and back up system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks