Delta lav. faucets...opinions please

Users who are viewing this thread

HDFAN1

Reaction score
OK, y'all prolly know about the problems I had with my shower valve install. I have decided to put in the 1700 series Delta.

Now, the matching lav faucet ( 8" sprd., two handle) for the Victorian series, which is what the shower trim is, looks very appealing to me. However, before I buy it, I would like some opinions.

I looked it over today and I wonder if those little plastic snap connections with o-ring will hold up. I'm sure y'all know what Im talkin' about here, but just in case, her ya go. The supply lines that go to the cutoff valves are copper with threaded connections. The line that carries the water from the valve to the spout is what I am concerned with.
Are they all made this way? Will they hold up? How long?

Thanks in advance for y'alls patience. I am learning much here. Never attempted any DIY stuff before, and it's nice to have this place to ask questions.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
I think what you are saying is that you are concerned about using a plastic flexible fixture supply tube with to go from your shutoff valves to your new faucet. Just install your new faucet, and use the flexible braided steel supply tubes (made by brasscraft) that are sold in any plumbing department. They are quick and easy to use, and they are pretty much the standard these days.

HDFAN1

Reaction score
Basement_Lurker said:
I think what you are saying is that you are concerned about using a plastic flexible fixture supply tube with to go from your shutoff valves to your new faucet. Just install your new faucet, and use the flexible braided steel supply tubes (made by brasscraft) that are sold in any plumbing department. They are quick and easy to use, and they are pretty much the standard these days.

Nope, not what I am saying. Let me try and clarify. The supply line is not an issue, at all. What concerns me is the little plastic tube that carries the water from the valve body, once you turn it on, to the spout of the faucet. I have never put in a faucet with an 8" spread before, so I have never seen anything like this before.

Sorry if I was unclear on the 1st post. Hope this helps.

BAPlumber

Plumber
Reaction score
I've installed a few of the delta widespread faucets and have never had a problem with the quick connect hoses from the handles.

Delta is my preferance for shower valves at this time. I don't like Pfrice Pfister or American Standard.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks