Myers jet pump conversion to shallow well??

Users who are viewing this thread

atfdmike

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently picked up a used Myers HJ75D Jet pump. I would like to use it as a shallow well pump, but have not had any luck on a search of this site for a related article. A google search led me to the myers site, but a product manual showed a diagram of the pump with a shallow well ejector on it but no part no. for it. Assuming there is such a thing, anyone got one and willing to sell it or know where I can purchase one? If you know the part number I would appreciate knowing it.
Thanks all!
Mike

Last edited:

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
http://www.femyers.com/pdf/pdf.ws/ws%20manual/1020-213.pdf

From the diagrams at the site at the link above it looks like there are a lot of differences between the deep well and the shallow well version. You would have to compare the two pumps in the figures to see what is required for the conversion. I don't see a shallow well jet adapter that bolts on like some "convertible" systems.

I suspect that it will cost you more to convert the pump than a new pump would cost.

atfdmike

Reaction score
I believe that my pump is convertible, as it has the tapped bolt holes on the face that would accept the bolts for a shallow well ejector. I emailed Myers but have gotten no response (yet?).
Did I overlook a part no. on the sites you posted, as I can find the drawing which includes an ejector but cannot find it listed on any of the part lists? http://www.femyers.com/pdf/pdf.ws/ws manual/13800a71.pdf Refer to illustration on page 7
Appreciate the help.

Last edited:

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
atfdmike said:
I believe that my pump is convertible, as it has the tapped bolt holes on the face that would accept the bolts for a shallow well ejector. I emailed Myers but have gotten no response (yet?).
Did I overlook a part no. on the sites you posted, as I can find the drawing which includes an ejector but cannot find it listed on any of the part lists? http://www.femyers.com/pdf/pdf.ws/ws manual/13800a71.pdf Refer to illustration on page 7
Appreciate the help.
The shallow-well ejector could be a 'whole goods' item, instead of being a 'part' ~ Don't be too surprised if the factory wants to hand you off to a local distributor, instead of engaging in email dialogue. You can find a distributor from their website page I posted earlier.

http://www.femyers.com/replocator/RL.html

atfdmike

Reaction score
Thanks Wet Boots for the suggestions. I will follow up and see if I can get one locally. I appreciate the info.

atfdmike

Reaction score
As a final note, I called my local Myers pump dealer and they have the shallow well ejector for my Myers Convertible pump for about $70 and it is in stock, so I should be all set.
All they needed was the pump model number and they looked it up.
Thanks for the help!

Speedbump

Reaction score
Or you could buy one from me. I think I'm cheaper than you quoted, but I'm on vacation and don't have pricing with me.

bob...

atfdmike

Reaction score
I am in no pressing hurry, so Speedbump, I can wait for a quote. You all have given me great advice in this forum, so I like to support it any way I can, price competitiveness not withstanding!

dssgateway

Reaction score
i know this has been 6 yrs, but someone stole my myers pump i think it was a hj75, or a hj50. i only used it because i have a leak in my pool which i have tried to fix, but when i hooked up this old pump which is about 150 yards from my pool, i would just keep it full and the water was always cold. i have not been able to find another pumpthat i can just plug back in to the hoses left exposed. was just reading you post from 05, and took a shot that you may have one. dssgateway@yahoo.com, jim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks