Bathtub faucet drips - how to stop?

Users who are viewing this thread

westcoast

Reaction score
I installed a Pegasus bath faucet and handle and now water seems to dribble out of the tub spout every so often even though the handle is turned to the off position.

The plumber put in the body assembly so all I had to do was put a screw onto the cartridge part for the handle and the spout.

Could you tell me how can I make any adjustments?:confused:

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like the cartridge isn't seating properly. Try taking it out and re-installing it. But first, check for gunk that might be preventing it from seating.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
With the cartridge out turn on the water for 10-20 seconds and blow out the valve & lines. Then with a good light inspect the valve B 4 reinstalling the cartridge.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Normally, once a cartidge starts leaking it is too late to do anything except replace it. I suppose you supplied the faucet, because I cannot imagine any plumber installing a Pegasus faucet if he had to warranty it.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
hj said:
Normally, once a cartidge starts leaking it is too late to do anything except replace it. I suppose you supplied the faucet, because I cannot imagine any plumber installing a Pegasus faucet if he had to warranty it.

I installed one, that was the one and only.
They're good looking for sure, and expensive as well.
I roughed in a bath on a remodel.
Came back to do finish a month later and the balancing cartridge was ceased.
I spent 2 hours beating my head...I'd thought my hot line wasn't tied in somewhere in the wall.
As a last resort it occured to me to take apart the valve and have a look.
The valve had been working perfectly on the rough when I flushed the lines.
In the end I walked away with a very unhappy customer when I explained my time wasn't free because they'd bought it.
Now I simply keep a list of suggested names when the customer buys the fixtures...I tell them this story amongst others when they ask...I also BOLDY state I'm not responsible for mechanical failure on anything I don't provide.

westcoast

Reaction score
Thanks all for your advice. I loosened the springs behind the cartridge and that stopped the leak from the bath spout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks