loss of pressure....Impeller problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

alegator

Reaction score
"I have a fairly new irrigation system( 1 1/2 yrs old) with a gould 1.5hp irrigator pump, 5 zones and a spigot on the top with the usual check valve going into the pump. Its connected to a shallow well(90ft). Apparently my pump vibrated the 1 1/2" main bushing on top of the pump that goes to the zones, at the same time one of my main wires (black) shorted out from the vibrations. I had water shooting out the bushing so I sawed it off and put in a new one.Fixed the wiring problem also so I now have solid connections. Now I have very little pressure going to my zones, so little the heads won't pop up. Water bubbles up from the heads but won't pop up. I tried running the pump for 10 mins and turning on the spigot when I did water came out slowly but with air mixed in the line I also noted the water was HOT not like before. Could the pump impeller been affected when the pump shorted out? I live in Florida and we have had LOTS of rain so I don't think its the 1 1/2 yr old well. What happened to my pressure to the heads? Thank you in advance."

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks