(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: constant drip

  1. #1

    Default constant drip

    I installed a Toto Drake toilet in my house in June. Recently it started dripping constantly from the rubber tube into the overflow tube. The rate of dripping has increased almost daily to a steady drum beat. I have checked the filter on the Type A fill valve and it is clean. That was Toto tech support's only recommendation. What do you recommend, replacement of the fill valve, or something more simple? If replacement, what brand and where to get it?

  2. #2
    Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    Blog Entries


    I don't know which one is considered type A, but some have used the Korky style fill valve.

    Instructions are here

    If it's the Korky style, the $2.50 assmebly cap can be replaced.
    If it's the type with the screw adjustment, then replacing the fill valve with a Korky is the best solution. Lowes has them on the shelve, for $9.99
    They also carry the G-Max flappers.
    Last edited by Terry; 11-01-2008 at 04:08 PM.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts