Tree Fungus?

Users who are viewing this thread

spetrucco

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
comp.jpg

comp2.jpg

Need some help on saving my tree.
Not sure what kind it is but it has a fungus on its trunk and branches that seems to be causing its bark to fall off. Their are 6 of these trees on my block all the same age and this is the only one that is dwarfed an sick.
Any help or suggestions on what I can do to save it are appreciated.
Thank You!
Shawn

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
spetrucco said:
... this is the only one that is dwarfed an sick....
it has been sick for a long time. The stress that it has been suffering from is not discernable from here across the internet, but I do know that its being dwarfed for a long time compared to five other trees of the same type, same age, planted in similar settings, means that it somehow got stressed by something and has never recovered full vigor. So then it got a visible disease, which is a predictable and probable outcome given its history.

David

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
removing more than half of the "fungus" by any mechnical means, is good to do. Repeat every day. E.g. spraying it with a garden hose, enough to hurt-damage-get rid of a large amount of the fungus. Five minutes in the morning, five minutes in the evening. Leave it alone between sprayings and it'll dry out and heal a bit each time.

Just to give you something practical to do. Don't lose hope. Don't do nothing. Don't change the treatment once started. Do not fertilize; that is for healthy trees, and it can overkill=overstimulate sick trees.

David

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Take the photo to a nursery---you will get all the information you need.
And/Or go to gardenweb on the net. good luck...

Mike50

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks