Delta Shower Valve Placement Question

Users who are viewing this thread

jaydee

Reaction score
Hi....I have a question regarding the placement of my Delta17 Series Shower Valve...I have framed a 5x4 foot shower and want to change the location of the shower valve to the opposite side of the shower from the shower head in order to avoid "Cold Shower Startups"....the instructions for the valve stated to avoid more than one 90 degeree elbow for the bath tub spout (which will not be used)...but contained no such warning for the shower head...I will have to run approximately 1o feet of 1/2 inch copper pip over the top of the shower with perhaps 3 90 degree elbows.....my question is will that cause my shower to flow with only a triclkle of water??? Thanks.....btw....the valve will be fed by 1/2 inch copper pipe for both cold and hot water...but I could change that to 3/4 if necessary.....one more thing....is 48" an okay height to place the valve???

BAPlumber

Plumber
Reaction score
jaydee said:
my question is will that cause my shower to flow with only a triclkle of water??? Thanks.....btw....the valve will be fed by 1/2 inch copper pipe for both cold and hot water...but I could change that to 3/4 if necessary.....one more thing....is 48" an okay height to place the valve???

Your shower should work fine, and 48" is a good height.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks