Toto Flush Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

ejb

Reaction score
I have a Toto Ultimate toilet. It is six weeks old and is now not flushing properly. The normal action is that when flushed, the bowl fills up with water which then gets sucked down rapidly.

Right now, the bowl fills, but the rapid suction is gone. The water just empties slowly, resulting in waste being left behind. Is this just a clog and I need to get a snake at home depot or is this a problem with the mechanism?

I'm not used to this new type of toilet and I'm surprised that it is acting up already. All new plumbing was put in so I wasn't expecting any clogs this soon.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Try pouring a five gallon bucket of water in the bowl.

You may have something in the trapway preventing the siphon action.

ejb

Reaction score
Thanks,

That worked like a charm and it was very simple. I'm glad I didn't rent that snake!

ejb

Reaction score
Clog has returned

The clog in the toilet returned after a few days and has gradually gotten tougher to clear. Now flushing with the 5 gallons of water only clears it up for one or two flushes. I am now also having to pour multiple buckets before it starts to clear. What should be my next step?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You may try an auger with the large end on it.
The ones we use are about 1.5" in diameter.
A snake will go right by some things.
Here is what a snake missed by another plumber

gi_joe.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks