Pressure Tanks Not Talking To Each Other?

Users who are viewing this thread

johnp

Reaction score
Greetings!

Had Goulds 3/4 hp pump freeze due to record colds in this area this past winter (we were gone for the winter!), and it cracked the impeller housing.

Bought two 1 hp pumps off ****. The motor unit sits on top of a 5 gal. pressure tank, and is plumbed into it. The pressure switch is integral to the pump and on the pump impeller housing. (NOTE: These are Chinese manufactured units but, at the cost of these, compared to a replacement Goulds, I thought I would give them a shot!)

The "old" system (only been in use about 2 years) was connected to a 85 GAL FLEXCON tank, which I plumbed new pump into. I have regulated both small pump tank, and larger tank, to 32 psi each. I am getting 49 psi at exterior bibs, but do not seem to get that inside the structure, especailly at shower head. I am in the process of having an addition/additial bath put on). I would like to have more structure pressure. I was thinking of disconnecting the small tank, and using only the larger one, and bumping up the presure swith setting, and putting corresponding psi into the large tank.,

Would one of you experts comment on this, please.

In advance, thanks for being here and your time!

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks