Fountain leaking at PVC pipe/cement joint

Users who are viewing this thread

gigibelle

Reaction score
Hello experts! I am desperate for help with a problem. I have a leaking millstone fountain. I strongly suspect it is coming from the joining of PVC pipe to cement bowl, where you run the water pump cord down and through for plugging in to outlet. The joint where the PVC pipe fits into cement bowl of a fountain looks like it needs maintenance and the leak appears to come from there. It is below the waterline when fountain is in use. I cleaned the joining with isopropyl alcohol and a rag to remove debris, water scale or buildup, old sealant or caulking. Per a Home Depot employee recommendation on the problem, I then applied Oatey Purple Primer for PVC, CPVC, then followed with Oatey Regular PVC Cement. These products came as a 2 part system in a box together so I know they go together. It's now curing.

My question is, will this hold? It doesn't seem like the cement is very thick or durable...like a type of caulking would be. But I am NO professional! My husband is no help in this area...so I need the real handymans/handywomans advice!

Thanks in advance!

gigibelle

Reaction score
Well, because it could be coming from one of two places. The PVC to PVC joint or the PVC to stone basin joint. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks