Considering Several Toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnPlenge

Reaction score
cst744sl_03_paper.jpg

Toto Drake

I’m in the process of building a house and am selecting bathroom fixtures. I’ve read the reviews of the Toto Drake CST744SL toilet on Mr. Love’s website and called a local plumbing supply store to get a price (I didn’t specify a model number because I wasn’t aware there were different models). He gave me a price of about $166.00 for a Toto Drake 704L. Can someone tell me how this toilet compares to the CST744SL?

titan_front2.jpg

Eljer Titan
I’m also considering the Eljer Titan which also received favorable reviews both on Mr. Love’s website and from Consumer Reports. I’ve seen an Eljer Titan 131077700 at Lowes which appears similar to the model 091-0777 reviewed on Mr. Love’s and Consumer Reports’ websites. Can someone tell me about how these toilets compare with each other? I'm wondering if they're the same toilet with Lowes giving it their own part number.

Also, can anyone tell me if these toilets use standard repair parts that Lowes/Home Depot are likely to sell or do they use proprietary repair parts?

Thanks for your help

John

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The CST704L is not anything like the Drake.
the CST704 line is called Reliant. They are a washdown bowl that is being discontinued.

The Eljer Titan is a lesser quality copy of the Drake.
Both are siphon jet.
What I've mainly been selling, is the Drake version of the Toto line.
That and plenty of Ultramax,
The Soiree is coming on strong.
In traditional styling, lots of Dartmouth, Clayton and Plymouth.
The Drake model numbers start with CST743S (regular) and go up to CST744SL which is the ADA version.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks