Clawfoot faucet...tilted wall??

Users who are viewing this thread

lojoma

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am installing a clawfoot tub and have a problem with the faucet. It appears the faucet is designed to be mounted on a plumb vertical tub wall. Mine is angled a bit, which makes the faucet angled as well...looks goofy and the shower extension would go towards the wall instead of straight up.

I bought these http://www.clawfootsupply.com/product1222 angled shanks hoping it would level out the faucet...but they are angled a bit too much and the faucet is out of level the OTHER way now...

Any thoughts on what to do here?

Thanks!

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Looks like you are out of luck. Either get a normal clawfoot tub that isn't angled, or try to slightly shim out one side of the adapters to get it level (maybe cut a few different sized metal washers in half and see what happens). It's not a perfect solution, but it might work. You might be able to get away with shimming the adapters on the outside of the tub, or you might be stuck shimming the adapters on the inside of the tub, in which case you'd have to hide the created gap with caulking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks