Straps for 1/2" Flex

Users who are viewing this thread

Seaneys

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm using quite a bit of 1/2" flex as I wire my addition and rewire my basement. I really like to use flex, it is pricey, but I find it much easier than bending conduit (I need pre practice).

For the life of me, I can not find straps for 1/2" flex. I've checked online as well as the large box stores.

Is there an alternative strap that meets code for 1/2" Flex?

Thanks,
Steve

CHH

Reaction score
I thought the use of bailing twine was only code compliant in states west of the Mississippi and east of the Rockies...

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
seaneys said:
Try and explain that one to the inspector.
356.30 Securing and Supporting.
Type LFNC-B shall be securely fastened and supported in accordance with one of the following:
(1) Where installed in lengths exceeding 1.8 m (6 ft), the conduit shall be securely fastened at intervals not exceeding 900 mm (3 ft) and within 300 mm (12 in.) on each side of every outlet box, junction box, cabinet, or fitting.

I don't see where any one thing is required so why not use duck tape?

CHH

Reaction score
Maybe 'cause the duck's complain about using their tape without permission?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks