Tightening Grohe Ladylux Plus

Users who are viewing this thread

davearonson

Knows Just Enough about Plumbing to be Dangerous
Reaction score
Website
www.davearonson.com
I have a Grohe Ladylux Plus (I think) kitchen faucet, which has gotten a bit loose on the countertop. Some documentation I found on the web, implies that I need to remove the neck and tighten a nut in there. However, I've found absolutely nothing on how to remove the neck! Any clues, please?

Thanks,
Dave

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Just pull up, it may be tight but it will come off.
There is only a few o-rings holding it on.
You need a tool to tighten the neck, it came with the faucet but you may not have it now. It's hard to discribe but it looks like a ribbed handle on one side it has a splined piece sticking out and that is what is used to tighten the faucet.
http://cdn08.grohe.com/lib/1/tpi/1661193.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

davearonson

Knows Just Enough about Plumbing to be Dangerous
Reaction score
Website
www.davearonson.com
That worked great! As you predicted, I didn't have the tool that came with it, but I did find an open-ended wrench that fit. (I knew better than to use pliers!)

Thanks,
Dave

BeachGuy

Reaction score
Website
www.oregoncoast.com
You saved the day!

I have been frustrated these past few weeks trying to tighten my Ladylux Cafe faucet... every time I tightened the 'nut' beneath the counter the faucet actually became looser! I found your posting on this blog and bingo(!) within 2 minutes I had the problem fixed. I used a crescent wrench to tighten the facet (I had no idea that the top of the faucet containing the spray arm would pop off. Many, many, thanks for the help!!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
To use the regular tool, you would have had to take the hose out, which is a real pain to keep the spring from tangling, so the Crescent wrench is a much better solution.

jn

Reaction score
33737 ladylux plus

I am trying to remove an older Grohe Ladylux Plus 33 737 (8 years) and unfortunately I can not get the neck off above the counter to loosen the unit and can not unscrew the "washer" since it is threaded. Any thoughts?

jn

Reaction score
I've try prying it with a screw driver and hitting it with a hammer to pop it off but no luck. only choice left is a hack saw unless there is another option. thanks,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks