problem with new porcher bathroom faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Motlot77

Reaction score
hi,

i installed a new single stem porcher faucet in my bathroom and something is wrong. it's not getting one drop of water. i have a link for the pdf on how to install and the exploded view of the parts list. i guess since you can't post links here pm me and i'll send it over.

i took off the handle, cartridge cap, and dome. i started turning the cartridge nut and water starts coming out of the faucet. the more i loosen this nut the more flow i get.

but when i turn the stem the water does not turn off. it doesn't do anything. to turn off the water i have to turn the cartridge nut.

anyone know what the heck is going on?

thanks!

Last edited:

Motlot77

Reaction score
no, it's not the aerator. when i turn the cartridge nut the water comes out fine. it's like the stem isn't working in conjunction w/the cartridge nut or something.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sometimes if you install a cartridge incorrectly, you can have that sort of problem.

Have you tried pulling it out and reinstalling it differently?

Motlot77

Reaction score
no, i never touched the cartridge except for turning the nut.

thanks for the tip, i'm going to try that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks