(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What do I use to plug this drain in my floor?

  1. #1

    Default What do I use to plug this drain in my floor?

    I just removed an old crappy shower stall that was in my basement. There was obviously a floor drain plumbed to it.

    I want to plug this hole. What do I use? It's 4" in diameter.

    The concrete is tapered towards that hole but I don't really care about that. I'm not going to patch it and try to make it smooth and level. Never know when I'll have to put a shower or toilet back again.


    Last edited by mckeand13; 07-28-2007 at 03:03 PM.

  2. #2
    Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    Blog Entries


    They do make mechanical plugs if you want it temorary.

    Or you could plug the pipe with newpaper and pour a concrete patch over it.
    Last edited by Terry; 07-28-2007 at 03:43 PM.

  3. #3


    Thanks for the reply and info.

    I'll stop by Home Depot and pick up one of those plugs.

    I suppose I could always pour concrete over the plug if I feel the need to level it out.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts