find pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

jrseaberg

Reaction score
I remember my dad using a small submersible pump to help a neighbor who's window well would fill with water, and then flood the basement.

This pump was about the size of a large can of baked beans (how's that for technical??? about 6" high and about 5" in diameter). I don't remember having to turn it on or off; just plug it in. And I don't remember him "watching" it to turn it off, so I'm thinking it must of had some type of float switch, but there was not anything on the outside of the pump housing (like I said... baked bean can).

Well, now 35 years later and I have a need for the same type of pump. Any ideas on where to look or what to look for?

Thanks!
Jim S.

Speedbump

Reaction score
There are the really cheap sump pumps and the more expensive and longer lasting effluent pumps. It all depends on how much you want to spend and how long you want to use it. The big box stores have the best prices, but sell the not too long lasting ones. So either Sump, Effluent or Sewage (they pump solids up to 2") pumps. And the pricing is in the same order.

bob...

George R

Reaction score
You might look at a swimming pool supply house. They have "pool cover" pumps that turn on when the water reaches a certain level.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks