Pressure switch help

Users who are viewing this thread

Wizard

Reaction score
I noticed my water pressure was not as good as it used to be, and that when we used water, I did not hear the switch kick on as it once did, so I went out side and seen that the switch was staying closed, so I turned off the breaker, to see if the switch would kick out and reset its self. Well this is what happened, I hear water draining when I shut it off, so I went in and turned it back on, the switch was still closed, the water started to spit air, and mud, then with a loud pop in the house from the sink, it stoped, and I now have no water at all, the switch still has current, and is closed but not water?

help please! :confused:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
This is totally a guess (I'm not a pro), but I think your well is dry or not flowing enough. Also sounds like you may have burnt out the motor. Hope I'm wrong, or it is going to be expensive.

Wizard

Reaction score
re

Another message boardsaid it could be a bad section of casing since I heard fater flowing backward, even my hot water heater drained, thinks I may have a hole in the caseing near the pump.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There should be a check valve somewhere to prevent siphoning the tanks andmake it easier on the pump (plus, it helps keep air from being pumped as the casing refills). My unprofessional opinion.

Wizard

Reaction score
re

talked to our well guy today, he said that the water is draining back into the well, because of hole in casing, and thats why the points were staying on, that we will be lucky if it did not burn up the pump. It don't think we have since today when I flicked the breaker on, I got air, and a stream of water less than a pen, he says with the hole in the casing the pump can't pump more than a pen size flow do to the casing lossing pressure and water out the hole

$120.00 labor
$1.91 foot for casing, how ever much is needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks