Sewer smell

Users who are viewing this thread

Bobert

Reaction score
I've read alot on this forum, I just need to hear it from the experts. We had out home built last year, and our homebuilder subcontracted out the plumbing....to the lowest bidder. I won't elaborate on how unhappy I am with the plumber, we are currently in litigation with the builder because of all the mistakes.
We smell sewage emitting from the sinks, toilet etc. and "girggles" sometimes when flushing. I have very limited plumbing knowledge but I think our home has zero vents. Nothing on the roof either. Just a straight direct "tree" setup.
What are my options? Is it a major difficulty to retrofit vents and roof vents? Like I said our house is new so I want to correct this problem the right way and eliminate the nasty odors!

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
With no sign of any vents, you may not be code-compliant. I would call the local health department and ask for a thorough inspection.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Honestly, I think it would be in your best interest to have it done right by a reputable plumber...then include the cost in your litigation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks