Rainbird ISM-9 error code

Users who are viewing this thread

SystemFiles

Reaction score
Hello!

We moved into a house with a sprinkler system. Hooray!
The sprinkler system wouldn't work. Boo!
I installed a new Rainbird ISM-9 timer and it worked. Hooray!
Just came back from vacation and the lawn is brown. Boo!

The timer reads err and what looks to be a capital M or could be a backwards 7 and a forwards 7.

I looked on the rainbird site and in my manual and can't find that code.

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks!

CHH

Reaction score
I've got an ISM-9 also. No problems so far with mysterious error messages. Maybe it got zapped? Any thunderstorms in the area when you were on vacation? Have you tried disconnecting both the transformer and the battery, waiting for 5 minutes then plugging the transformer back in?

Hey, a hard reset is always a good thing for electronics. It reminds that little computer of who the real boss is...

SystemFiles

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion of a hard reset. I tried that several times and it didn't help.

I found the "Err M" in the manual, on an obscure page. The code has something to do with a master valve.

Since I have no clue what to do with that, a call to the irrigation dude is on my agenda for tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Keep in mind that you can manually open and close your zone valves until you correct this problem. In fact, you may have a stuck valve and opening and closing them manually may solve your problem.

The valves are usually located in green valve boxes in the ground.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks