well control box

Users who are viewing this thread

wellzombie

Reaction score
I have a old red jacket well control box, what is it 4 and do i need it if i am replacing my pump? thanks

R

Rancher

It is probably for controling your 3 wire pump, but we would need to know more about what you have and what you are planning on doing.

Rancher

wellzombie

Reaction score
their is only 3 wires going down the case a black red yellow. well first off it is leaking some were in the riser pipe cause i can here it and looked down it to see if it was the pitless leaking which it is not. so talking to some pep they said i should replace the pump because it is 21 years old sence i am pulling it but not sure what to do.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The black and yellow are the hots and the red is the start for a 3 wire motor.

There should be a green for ground too.... you can add one if you pull the pump.

You can use a 3 wire pump or undo the control box and red wire and go to a 2 wire using just the black and yellow from the switch to the pump bypassing the control box.

Speedbump

Reaction score
If your buying a new pump, go with a two wire motor. They will outlast the three wire. You have been very lucky getting that many years from a pump. Hopefully it's not stuck to the casing with minerals making it next to impossible to get out.

Another thing to consider, Franklin who has been making motors for submersibles forever, has recently cut off all the big pump brand names who are owned by two conglomerates known as Pentair and ITT. They have since developed their own motor which they are marketing heavily. They also have a shortage of this new (unproven) motor. So they are putting the Tessla motor on their pumps instead of the Franklin or their own motor. I got stuck with a bunch of these Tessla motors and got them all back due to failures in the first few months. Trust me you don't want one of them. There are only a few pump companies left out there that haven't been swallowed up by Corporate America. They are the ones still using the Franklin.

bob...

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
What are some of the unswallowed pump companies? I read that Franklin was also doing a bit of acquisition themselves.

Speedbump

Reaction score
There are probably more than I am aware of, but one is National Pump Co. where I buy most of my stuff. Others are Ruth Berry, Hydroflo and Flint & Walling. That is if they haven't been snapped up since I last heard. I know Natl pump is still privately owned.

There are companies popping up now that are making knock offs of Brand name pumps like Goulds, Grundfos etc. They are practically the same pump without the large price tag.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks