Replace Moen Shower Cartridge Question

Users who are viewing this thread

rubyburns

Reaction score
Would a plumber be able to replace the cartridge of a Moen shower faucet (the one handle variety) with a dripping problem if they didn't know the model number. I am assuming they could just take it apart and tell by looking at the cartridge?

Approx. (I know there is a price difference in area, etc.) how much would this cost?

Thanks, Ruby

rubyburns

Reaction score
Oh, come on - $500, really. I would never have a plumber out who would charge so much. Maybe in New York City or London :D

I asked hubby tonight and he said the guy he wants me to call charges $85/hour which, I think, includes the trip charge. Couldn't possibly take more than an hour to replace one cartridge. Well, unless the whole apparatus fell apart as soon as he unscrewed the handle :rolleyes:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks