Danze vs Blanco

Users who are viewing this thread

Raquel Wilson

Reaction score
I will be purchasing a semi- professional style kitchen faucet - the kind with exposed spring, pull-down spray option. I have narrowed the search to three brands - Danze, Blanco, and La Toscana. I have no idea the installation ease and maintenance records of these companies. Please advise. Thanks! :)

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Danze is made by the Globe Union Industrial Faucet Company, of Taiwan. This is the same company who makes Home Depot's Glacier Bay.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
jimbo said:
Danze is made by the Globe Union Industrial Faucet Company, of Taiwan. This is the same company who makes Home Depot's Glacier Bay.

Bar none...the worst faucet I've ever come across...Pfister second in the running...

Lancaster

Reaction score
If you are talking about a faucet with a pre-rinse spray,like they use in restaurant dishrooms,why not just buy a real commercial unit like the ones made by T&S Brass.I bet the price is not much,if any,more than the Danze or Blanco,especially if you buy it from a distributor.And parts will be readily available when you need them.

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Is this Blanco faucet what you have in mind? If so, it's probably a quality made product. However, it is very expensive. Also, you might have trouble down the road finding a plumber who is willing to chase down parts for it.

Attachments

• Blanco faucet.jpg
    Blanco faucet.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 770

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Grumpy,

I also have to agree that Price Fister is junk. I've had their fixtures literally fall apart on me in remarkable time.

Tom

Raquel Wilson

Reaction score
Thanks. I will look up T&S Brass. But the issue there is this is a faucet in a kitchen island - there's no backsplash. A huge commercial faucet would probably not work there and would look rather alarming. It's an open floor plan, and the line of sight from entry to the house goes straight through the living room, dining room, to the kitchen island.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are a bunch of fairly high necked kitchen faucets with a pull-out spout that could be used to rinse things or fill pots. Mine is high enough to fill most pots sitting on the counter without removing the pullout from the holder.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks