Whirlpool with shower

Users who are viewing this thread

M3

Reaction score
I want to switch out my bathtub for a whirlpool (American Standard Lifetime) but the bathtub area is also a shower. Does anyone know MN Code and whether it is permissible to install a whirlpool bath in conjunction with a shower head?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
There should be no problem unless you have some wacky local code that forbids it.

Pennsylvania has a law that says "you may not sing in the bathtub".

In Vermont the law says "All residents shall bathe on Saturday night".

I guess that is so you can go on a date and smell good. :)

Lee Polowczuk

Reaction score
I am doing the exact think you want to do.... i bought an American Standard Lifetime 2645l. it is designed to be a drop in.. i am putting it in a 6 foot cove area although the tub is 5.5 feet.

it will be surrounded by durarock and then subway tile.

i am replumbing now.... i also got a nice American Standard valve and a brass drain.

i am doing other bathroom infrastructure work now... it will be probably two months before the tub is in.

my house is from 1930...you should have seen the previous disasters when i removed an old shower stall.

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If you can, put the shower head at the drain end of the tub. Otherwise the angled back of the tub gets in the way, just a bit, when you are trying to stand under the shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks