Tankless survey

Users who are viewing this thread

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
I have a question for those of you who are installing these units. Are any of the code enforcement people in your areas requiring emergency pans under interior tankless installations?

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
srdenny said:
I have a question for those of you who are installing these units. Are any of the code enforcement people in your areas requiring emergency pans under interior tankless installations?

They have pressure reliefs, so it's the same as a tank type.
In rough basements, no pan.
Finished floor below...pan.
As for inspectors, I ALWAYS check the model to be sure it's allowed by the state, and local gas co.

MattAlexander

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes !!!!!!! I have been instaling the RENAI tankless water heater units and in attics YES they ( inspectors in California ) do require a pan. In the case of being installed in a wall, NO, pans are not required.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks