Pressure Switch Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

boryst05

Reaction score
About 3 months ago, I installed a new Myers HJ 100S pump. My well is 330 feet. This is my first experience with a well, so I ask alot of questions to my neighbors. Everything seemed fine until about 1 1/2 months ago. The pump would try to start, but I would only get a clicking sound unless I tapped the contacts. Tapping would seem to help the pump start up completely. I changed out the pressure switch after eliminating other possible problems. The pump started working properly again. Just recently, about 1 1/2 months, the pump (or new pressure switch is starting to have the same problems as the original switch). Does anyone have any ideas on what I should check? Please advise. Thank you for your advice.

Speedbump

Reaction score
If your going through pressure switches that fast, it would be my guess that your tank is waterlogged causing the arching to burn the points. It will also take out capacitors, start points and ultimately motors.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks