Why are 4" IC remodel housings so hard to find?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I see less on people at church. :rolleyes: Definitely at the malls. (just for the record there is no way they were the real Mccoy's, lol) :cool:

Try another avatar, something more benign like a sword maybe for warrior. You can have something violent. lol.

Last edited:

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
One of the guys, on a sailing forum I hang at, has the same pic as his avatar; but in the animated gif version. I thought it a funny coincidence when Barry used it... if it's actually the same pic... I have to say they look pretty real in the animated version.

Boo

Reaction score
WarriorWithWood said:
I posted asking if boo could get into the attic and install new construction from the topside, so he /she wouldn't have to cut up the drywall. That's why jadnashua posted

There was more in the post also but now I'm curious why it was deleted just so I won't repeat the mistake.

Actually, I do have attic access but...I forgot to mention why I can't get to it. We had our furnace moved to the attic to free up space inside our small house and, wouldn't ya know, they built the platform that holds the unit right smack over the area where I want to put the 4" cans. Even if I could move the insulation away from the cans, I still have some plywood directly over where they'll be. All of the other lights, ceiling boxes for fans, etc. have all been securely attached with bars. I'm not a fan of remodel housings anyway since they only sit on top of the drywall with 3 whimpy clips.

When it comes to electrical, in my short DIY career, I've learned that complicating things only leads to trouble...so I should probably take the path of least "resistance" (no pun intended!!).

WarriorWithWood

Reaction score
Boo,
Sounds like you have 2 options,
1) 5" old work
2) cut the drywall for 4" new work

I would use the 5" just because of the blown in insulation mess.

Good Luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks