No toilet refill tube

Users who are viewing this thread

georgieb

Reaction score
I have just noticed my basement toilet has no refill tube. Funny enough, it works just fine. I adjusted the screw at the top of the float are so the water level is about 1/2" below the top of the overflow tube. I did notice that when the tank is almost full, a bit of water squirts out of the fill valve but then stops. No water comes out of the attachment site for the refill tube at any time. Would there be a reason there is no refill tube? It is an old house that I have lived in for about 3 years. There has been no problems with the toilet, but I was fixing the upstairs toilet and checked out the downstairs toilet for reference. Surprise, surprise!!
Any advice would be welcome, thanks.
GB

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it flushes fine and you are happy with the water level in the bowl, then don't worry about it. That tube has 2 purposes: It helps to make a better flush, and it allows the water level in the bowl to fill up to its maximum height after the flush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks