Repairing Broken Toilet Tank Lid

Users who are viewing this thread

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a customer who has a broken Lamosa toilet tank lid. I only found 1 place on the internet who has this lid, and they want $150 + shipping.

Is there any way to repair a lid that is completely broken in half and have it look reasonably good?

Also, is there a company who makes generic toilet tank lids or even plastic replicas?

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Boxy looking plastic lids are available, and are better than nothing:
http://********solutions.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&partNumber=566900&partnerURL=http://catalogs.shoplocal.com/********/index.aspx%3fpagename=shopmain%26pagenumber=296%26langid=undefined
As you found out, replacement lids are pricey, if available at all. Most manufacturers do not stock lids for toilets which are no longer in production. And that Home Depot Tijuana Special, the Lamosa, there were never any spare parts available. Generic parts work inside, though.

It is not a quality toilet at all, and a new one would be under $75, complete, so I would not spend any money on a lid.

I should add that if it is cleanly broken in just 2 pieces, many people successfully glue those together with some 5-minute epoxy. Get a clear, or white, glue. This will be sturdy enough, and if you put a doily or a plant on top, no one will notice the glue line.

Last edited:

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks.

What part of the toilet has the number stamped on it?

Scott

Flushmate
Reaction score
Website
www.flushmate.com
It's usually stamped on the inside of the tank on the back wall but it could be anywhere inside the tank. Just post or PM whatever numbers you can see.

It may be a good idea to include the dimensions of the top of the tank too; if I don't have the actual Lamosa lid I may be able to come up with something that will fit reasonably well.

I'll do what I can, just let me know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks