pump recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Mattbee24

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a customer who owns a golf course. He uses a pond for a good portion of his irrigation. He has a well with an 8" casing that he uses to refill the pond. It has been working great for a long time this way.

We haven't had any rain here for about a month now, and the pump he has been using in the well hasn't been producing enough water to keep the pond up to the way he likes it.

He is looking to put a new pump in to try and keep the pond up to snuff.

Here are the particulars:
The 8" well is approx. 300ft deep. Water starts at about 100ft. There is a 3" line running from the well to the pond. The well is about 1500ft from the pond. The customer is trying to get 100-150 gpm to the pond. He has 240v 1phase power there.

I have direct axcess to Sta-Rite/Berkley pumps, but I am willing to look elsewhere if need be.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Your going to need ten horsepower to get the 150 gpm at the head your talking about. I don't suppose you know what the production of this well is and the pumping level at any given volume?

Franklin makes single phase motors in six inch up to 15 hp. There are several pump ends that will do the job.

At 150 gpm through 1500 feet of 3" pipe you already have 33 psi of friction loss, so trying to get more water than that through that pipe is going to be difficult.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks