Toto Drake elongated or round?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tail

Reaction score
Thanks so much for this forum. It is really helped in deciding a replacement toilet for a bathroom remodel we are doing in Ohio. From your responses we have decide on a Toto Drake. The question now is whether we should go with the round or elongated? Our bathroom is definitly on the small side with only a 30" width between the walls where the toilet fits in and a depth of 41" to the door. From measurements an elongated Drake will move the outer edge of the bowl out another 2" from the current bowl which is round. The current depth of our toilet is 26". So I was wondering what others thought about comfort and space in regards to the round or elongated bowl shapes?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Where you sit, is the same, regardless as the whether its round or elongated.

The elongated is 1.5" longer at the very end, but your seat is in the same place.

Normally you like to see 24" from the end of the bowl, to the next wall.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Comfort for a guy is better in the elongated as you have more room in the front.
I think you would better to have more room in front of the bowl if your space is that tight.

Vikingham

Reaction score
We're in a small bathroom situation too - we have the round model, and it's quite comfortable (and yes, I'm a guy!).

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you have the room and would like to have a happier wife get the elongated.

Women prefer the elongated over the round.

lars

Reaction score
I have all elongated toilets. As a guy, larger target. I am in to good function which is why I like toto's. Sounds like a tight space. Good luck.

Achutch

Reaction score
Elongated / Round

I have 1 elongated (Toto Drake - ADA Model) toilet and 3 round bowls (antiques). The elongated and extra tall Toto wins hands down for comfort. Compared to the Toto, the others feel like I'm sitting over a chamber pot!!

achutch

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks