why different toilet bowl water levels in 2 identical TOTO toilets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Y

yucatansea

OK, this has been bugging us for ages. We had two new and identical model (Drake I think?) toto toilets installed at the same time. The toilet bowl level in one toilet is just fine, however the water level in the other is too LOW...it's disgusting if you ask me!
So, how can you adjust the water level? I read an older thread and someone said you couldn't adjust the water level???? Also, in checking the water level in the TANK, they are the same...so...what is going on?
thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yucatansea

OMG...I fixed it!

inside_tank_cst744s.jpg

So, I went back over an older thread: "water level in toilet", more carefully this time. Being somewhat of a "non-mechanically inclined" woman, I had trouble understanding it all the first time...basically, my eyes glazed over midway through the responses, talking about trap design.....but my problem turned out to be identical AND sooo stupidly simple! It was just the way the refill tube was situated incorrectly!
I'm ecstatic that it was so simple to fix!!!! This was a problem that was bugging me for sooo long though... I only wish I'd discovered this site sooner! My husband couldn't figure it out either...and to think I was considering calling a plumber!

from WATER LEVEL IN TOILET? thread:
Did you check to see that the bowl refill tube is actually directing water into the overflow tube? Not kinked, etc.?

Talk about feeling stupid. Jeez!. that was the problem. the tube was filling the tank but not the actual "tube" so to speak, so basically the water in the bowl was gravity.... i directed the fill tube down into the neck and low and behold the bowl "magically" filled up.
Sometimes I tell you it is the most simplist stuff that just make's you feel like a goon..

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Just think - now your success will probably help someone else facing the same problem!

You may think you are non-mechanically inclined, but your willingness to try to logically think this out, and then search for info on the 'net, shows you have a lot more resourcefulness than you probably give yourself credit for. Most folks would have given up, but you persisted.

For most of us, once we get over our fear of breaking something, it's kind of fun to figure these things out, and you get more "mechanically inclined" the more you learn.

Y

yucatansea

Thanks for your comment Steve! Even though it was such a simple thing, it was so incredibly satisfying to finally solve the problem...and yes, the whole process was actually quite fun! Who would of thought? I'm ready for the next "mechanical challenge"!

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
yucatanc said:
Thanks for your comment Steve! Even though it was such a simple thing, it was so incredibly satisfying to finally solve the problem...and yes, the whole process was actually quite fun! Who would of thought? I'm ready for the next "mechanical challenge"!

It is surprisingly satisfying, isn't it? Now, every time you use that particular Toto product, you can take a little internal pride in making it work the way it's supposed to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks