Valve & diverter combination

Users who are viewing this thread

Pimbley

Reaction score
I'm doing a shower and want a simple pb valve & three way diverter to feed a shower head, hand-held shower and overhead pan. No tub involed.

I'm looking at the Kohler k-304 pb valve and k-405 three-way diverter valve.

On the pb valve: Documentation says to cap the shower outlet and use the spout outlet for water fed to a diverter. If I do this the water will need to come down from the pb valve and around the valve and back up to the diverter valve, and somehow not hit the input water supply on one side?

Also, the 405 has a 3/4 input but the 304 feeding it is only 1/2. Any problem converting from 1/2 to 3/4. Does that work ok?

Thx

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Yes you have to cap off the shower side because water will come out of the spout side unless a diverter spout is closed forcing water up through the shower side.

Reducing from 3/4" to 1/2" is fine all that will happen is the amount of water through the valve will be reduced.
You are only suppling one unit at a time with a diverter valve so you will have enough with 1/2".

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
diverter

They recommend using the tub outlet because it is larger than the shower port. If you want maximum flow, use both and tie them together before connecting to the diverter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks