Toilets, toilets everywhere and don't know what to pick

Users who are viewing this thread

venice1

Reaction score
I thankfully came across this website, please help.

We're redoing our bathroom and there are more toilets to choose from than thought possible. I agree with everyone else - I want a toilet that cleans when flushes. We have a tiny master bath 5.5' long and 4.5' wide
(from behind toilet to the side of tub) so elongated can fit but might look too big.

I was considering Kohler Devonshire until I read reviews so now considering Toto Drake or Clayton, though it's a little pricy and our plumber says we're crazy - just get a Kohler Portrait.

I read the Drake doesn't splash. - is the same true of the Clayton? Is there much of a difference between the two function wise?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst784_01.jpg

Toto Clayton

The Toto, no splash at all.
Just good performance.

The Clayton is a deluxe looking Drake as far as performance.

The Toto Clayton is a much better toilet than the Kohler toilets mentioned.

You might also look at the Soiree or Guinevere, CEFIONTECT bowl, double cyclone rinse, with traditional style.

Last edited:

lars

Reaction score
I have an aquia, drake and 2 caryles. All are great. Only had to plunge the caryle after my daughter put a whole roll of paper in it. All are cheaper than kohler in general. Terry has a good section on toilet performance

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks