5/8 Fitting

Users who are viewing this thread

pvoight

Reaction score
I am in need a fitting to redo my plumbing in my basement. I am look for a 5/8" female threads with a 3/4" solder on the other end. Anyone know where I could get this online. Box stores do not have 5/8 anything.

Like this:

5P210.JPG

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
What do you have that has 5/8 thread that connects to plumbing

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Call your local plumbing supply house or water works supplier...
It should be available or they can tell you where to get it....

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
5/8

There are not 5/8" anything other than solder fittings. Your 5/8" meter should have 3/4" pipe threads, but could be 1" pipe threads. However they are "straight" threads and seal with a gasket, so you really need a water meter tailpiece to connect to it. Besides, the utility would be very unhappy if you screwed a fitting onto their meter and they had to unscrew the meter to replace it.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever seen a meter with 5/8 threads? Or a 5/8 copper supply line?

I've seen 5/8 FPT threads on some old brass sprinkler head bodies, where the sprinkling mechanism was threaded in. Rain Jet was the manufacturer.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
not too many years ago a young Master Plumber sent me on a wild goose chase to get a 5/8" (or was it 3/8"?) threaded fitting... just like the one in that picture above. I got one. Hours later I called the manufacturer of the device that the young plumber was going to connect; they told me it was 1/2" NPT. That explained the confusion. Before going out to get the "right" fitting I had asked the plumber to show me why we needed it, and he showed me but I cannot remember how it came to be that he drew that conclusion, but he did show me that one thing or another didn't fit on it... I wish I could remember now, just for my own curiosity.

So maybe you have been through the same process and come to the same conclusion. Have someone else take another look, to see how they would get a more standard size to thread onto it...

david

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
geniescience said:
not too many years ago a young Master Plumber sent me on a wild goose chase to get a 5/8" (or was it 3/8"?) threaded fitting... just like the one in that picture above. I got one. Hours later I called the manufacturer of the device that the young plumber was going to connect; they told me it was 1/2" NPT. That explained the confusion. Before going out to get the "right" fitting I had asked the plumber to show me why we needed it, and he showed me but I cannot remember how it came to be that he drew that conclusion, but he did show me that one thing or another didn't fit on it... I wish I could remember now, just for my own curiosity.

So maybe you have been through the same process and come to the same conclusion. Have someone else take another look, to see how they would get a more standard size to thread onto it...

david
I just did two 3/8" IPSX 3/8" compression angle stop replacements last week...they're somewhat obsolete, used on lavs & closets on older homes (with a factor value of 1 on water lines).
Most residential gas dryers & cooktops are 3/8" IPS on the inlet...residential dishwashers are 3/8" brass also.

I do have a full stock of 5/8" adaptors, fittings and nipples on my truck as well.
No, I don't...kidding.

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most of the meters in the small towns I plumb in have 5/8 embossed on the them. The 5/8 means the opening size. 3/4" meter nipples are included.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks