Showerhead only trickling

Users who are viewing this thread

obrien234

Reaction score
Pardon my ineptitude, but plumbing is not my forte...

The showerhead in my bathroom has all of a sudden stopped pushing out the water how it should. The water still comes through, but just as a stream going straight down from the bottom of the head.

Is this a problem with my water pressure, or with the head itself?

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
It's more likely to be a problem with the showerhead. As long as the shower valve is not turned on, you can remove the showerhead and look inside to see if it is plugged, you can also turn on the shower valve while the showerhead is removed to see if you get full pressure. If your showerhead looks to be fine, but you don't get full pressure, then the problem lies with your shower valve.

Don't get wet!

Mike Swearingen

Reaction score
Website
www.albemarle-realty.com
It could be debris from inside the water lines or minerals clogging the showerhead. Remove the showerhead and clean it out. If you see a lot of white particles, if they are soft they're minerals, if they're hard they may be debris from the water heater dip tube.
If it is soft white stuff, soak the showerhead overnight in vinegar to dissolve it out. If they're hard little bits of plastic, repalce the heater dip tube.
Good Luck!
Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks