tub overflow drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Gfe76

Reaction score
5 yr old son fills up tub on 2d floor. I'm on front porch and water starts dripping on me. As you sit in tub you face the street, so the faucet feeds are in front wall of house. I go upstairs and water going out the overflow outlet, but leaking out front of house. I look at the cover to the overflow pipe and see that one screw is at an angle. i take both screws out and the overflow tube is at an angle and there is a gap between the seal and the tub.
I straighten the tube up some (it is brass) and put everything back together. I have not tested it yet, but was wondering if that seal can be replaced without getting to the back of the tub? Can I just pull the seal off from inside the tub and fit another one around the down tube?
Thanks

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
gfe76 said:
Can I just pull the seal off from inside the tub and fit another one around the down tube?
Thanks
YES - that is the best way to do it in most cases

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks