(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: "Life Time" Warranty Water Heaters?

Threaded View

DIY Senior Member Mike Swearingen's Avatar

Default "Life Time" Warranty Water Heaters?

In order to keep from regularly changing out my electric water heater located in the utility room inside our home, I brilliantly switched to a Whirlpool 50-gallon "Life Time" Warranty Model # EE3Z5ORD055V in Dec 1994. (It's just my wife and I, and a rare house guest, using it.)
    Yesterday, June 30, 2007, I removed the 4th and installed the 5th one in 12.5 years! I have the paperwork to prove it. I've never had a problem getting a free replacement authorization from Whirlpool or a new water heater from Lowe's, but it is a real hassle to pull out the old one, do a 90-mile round-trip to the nearest Lowe's to exchange it, and then install a new one so frequently.
    The replacement heater is "free", but that does not include any labor or expenses (I DIY anyway).
    Does anyone have a good recommendation for a reliable "Life Time" Warranty water heater? I average having to change out these Whirlpool wonders in less than 3 years each. Unbelieveable! The only plus is that I get the latest, more energy efficient version of that model.
    I'm just tired of dealing with this junk. LOL
    Thanks.
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike Swearingen; 07-02-2007 at 10:35 AM.